Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Job!

I has one. It's a-ma-za-zing! So.. I said in my second-to-last blog that I was going in for a test then hopefully an interview with Sitel, right? Well, I went today, missed my turn on I-20, lol, then had to go a different route that got me there regardless of my missed turn, and took the test.

The test was only four different, simulated calls, and I'll be honest, I could have sworn that I failed it. They give you a practice run first, and the program malfunctioned because I clicked on the Company's Policies instead of waiting for the phone to ring. So when it does ring, I try to click back to the answer station and it won't let me. Instead, it rings again and a pop-up window appears saying, "Answer the call."

Ring.

"Answer the call."

Ring.

"Answer the call."

Ring.

"Answer the call."

"I'm trying! You won't let me get back to the original screen to hit the blasted button!"

So I just click "End Practice" and it says, "Good job completing the practice session! Good luck on the test!" Crap. The test starts, and angry callers start calling in. Even a woman who was begging me to adjust her credit limit even though it was against the policy. I really felt like I failed it.

I walk out after I finish it and wait in the lobby. My friend Lasagna (that was her name, I promise!) tells me I did good and hands me a bunch of forms to fill out. I fill them out after asking about different things in them, then she calls Jessica to interview me. What? I could have promised I was going to fail that test.

Jessica interviews me, keeps everything really friendly with me, even talks about some stuff not really relevant to the job, just making conversation. She seems to like me enough to hire me, so I guess she did. She gave me directions to get my drug screening, and then tells me after it and my background check comes back she'll call to confirm my training schedule. Sweeeet!

I am now a Customer Service Representative for Sitel. Eh. Guess it's not all that glorious or anything, but hey, it's a job. I'll be making eight dollars an hour for the training sessions (basically get paid $1540 for going to a class five days a week for seven weeks), then eight-fifty after that with probable advancement soon after I actually start the real job, plus soon-to-be benefits. Money is good, right?

I am looking forward to some money every two weeks. What's sad is that at this other job (which I'll find out if I have an interview for by Monday) I'll be making twice the money I will at Sitel. PLUS I would be doing what I love to do: geeky things like web design. How awesome? I seriously thank God for this job at Sitel, but I do pray that I can have a greater job in Hanceville with Health Resources.

So have you ever taken a drug test? If you're in the current workforce, I'm sure you have. How awkward? I just felt really strange. I'm not really going to talk about it anymore, but seriously. I just want everyone to know that I felt very strange handing that cup over to a nurse.

Could I have anymore paragraphs in my blog? Anyway -- Life is good. I think I'll end this blog with the fact that I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow I'll tell about my time in West Blocton earlier tonight. But as for now, good night.

No comments: